Insomnia can be frustrating, it’s shockingly common amongst American adults and it is characterized by difficulty falling or staying asleep.
- Difficulty falling asleep at night
- Waking up during the night or too early
- Not feeling rested after a nights sleep
- Irritability, depression or anxiety
- difficulty paying attention or focusing on tasks
Because Insomnia is a general term that is interrelated with other sleeping disorders or caused by other sleeping disorders there can be many causes including.
- Stress or work schedule
- Poor sleep habits like irregular bedtime schedule, naps, stimulating activities before sleep.
- Eating too much late in the evening
- Mental health disorders
- Medications like anti-depressants, allergy medications, weight loss products
- Caffeine consumption
- Medical conditions like Alzheimers and Parkinson’s
- Sleep related disorders
Because insomnia symptoms are so broad, and symptoms are easily apparent, it’s fairly easy to diagnose.
- Insomnia treatment is dependent on what’s causing insomnia. We’ll ask you questions about your sleep to pinpoint what’s causing insomnia.